I joined the 20 books of Summer Challenge and wrote a list of 20 books I would try and read. They are the first 20 books on this list. I already know I’m no good at planning my reading to this degree, but didn’t think I’d go off plan so quickly! 3 books out of 6 I read this month were off list! I’m clearly a mood reader or something.
Books read in red. Links to reviews if they exist. I’ve started Everything I Never Told You as well, and I’m nearly finished with Reservoir 13 on an audio book free trial because I didn’t want to spend £9 on the kindle version or the hardback (it’s for my book club so I needed to read it before the end of this week). Audible it is. It’s taking a bit of getting used to but I might continue to listen to the odd audio book on my commute. I think some comedy would work well and I have a few books lined up to try on this free trial.
I’m keeping good pace especially considering I have summer holidays soon… so catch up will be easy. I also have a few short books ready to go if I need them.
I absolutely loved The Power. I’m recommending it to everyone who’ll listen! and Inferior is a great book about women and science and where the science has often been wrong, wrong, wrong!
- The Essex Serpent – Sarah Perry (review)
- Everything I Never Told You – Celeste Ng
- Reservoir 13 – Jon McGregor
- the Invisible Man – Ralph Ellison
- Hope in the Dark – Rebecca Solnit
- Men Explain Things to Me – Rebecca Solnit (review)
- Nobody Told Me – Holly McNish
- Dear Fatty – Dawn French
- Oryx and Crake – Margaret Atwood
- The Power – Naomi Alderman (review)
- The Lottery (and other stories) – Shirley Jackson
- Half of a Yellow Sun – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks – Rebecca Skloot
- The Jungle – Upton Sinclair
- A Quiet Storm – Rachel Howzell Hall
- How to Build a Girl – Caitlin Moran
- The Road – Cormac McCarthy
- The Girl of Ink and Stars – Kiran Millwood Hargrave
- Wonder – RJ Palacio
- The Color Purple – Alice Walker
- Queen of Spades – Michael Shou-Yung Shum
- Living the Dream – Lauren Berry (review)
- Inferior – Angela Saini (review)
How’s your summer reading going?